This #SoHoppinGood #TopYourSummer post is sponsored by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertisers. A hot fudge brownie ice cream cake is the perfect treat to celebrate summer now that school’s out!
Hot Fudge Brownie Ice Cream Cake
Is school out for the summer where you are yet? We are excited for lots of time outside. Head inside to cool off with this lovely ice cream treat. This recipe combines Blue Bunny® ice cream, Smucker’s Hot Fudge Spoonable Ice Cream Topping, brownies, and whipped cream. What’s not to love?!
I spent a moment at Walmart staring at all of the Blue Bunny® ice cream flavors in their new clear packaging. Now you can see all of the flavor swirls.
I chose Blue Bunny® Mint Chocolate Chip and Blue Bunny® Vanilla Bean for the ice cream cake plus Blue Bunny® Mocha Me Hoppy™ just for me to eat.
The hot fudge brownie ice cream cake is so good! The ice cream melts into the brownie layers. The hot fudge is ooey gooey and the whipped cream just tops it all off!
Are you ready for the recipe?
Hot Fudge Brownie Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- Brownies (use your favorite box mix or recipe)
- Blue Bunny® Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream
- Blue Bunny® Vanilla Bean ice cream
- Smucker’s Hot Fudge Spoonable Ice Cream Topping
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
How to Assemble the Brownie Ice Cream Cake:
- Bake the brownies according to the package (or recipe) directions. I used an 8×8 square pan lined with parchment paper.
- Remove the brownies from the pan and allow to cool completely.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the brownies in half.
- Add parchment paper to your 8×8 square pan.
- Place a layer of brownies on the bottom of the pan.
- Scoop a layer of Blue Bunny® Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream onto the brownies. I used about 6 scoops. Softening the ice cream beforehand will make it easier to spread out.
- Add a layer of brownies to the top of the mint chocolate chip ice cream.
- Scoop a layer of Blue Bunny® Vanilla Bean ice cream onto the brownies. Again, I used about 6 scoops.
- Place the pan in the freezer to allow the ice cream to set up for at least 30 minutes.
- Follow the directions on the jar for melting the Smucker’s Hot Fudge Spoonable Ice Cream Topping.
- Pour almost all of the hot fudge topping onto the ice cream cake. Spread evenly. Save some to drizzle over the top of the cake.
- Return the pan to the freezer while you make the whipped cream (see recipe below).
- Add the whipped cream to the top of the cake.
- Drizzle with Smucker’s Hot Fudge Spoonable Ice Cream Topping.
- Freeze the ice cream cake for a least a few hours. Overnight will be better.
Be sure to check out even more recipes using Blue Bunny® ice cream!
How to Make Whipped Cream
- Place a medium-large metal bowl and metal whisk (or whisk attachment) in the freezer for at least 15 minutes. (This will make the whisking process faster.)
- In the cold metal bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Whisk the cream and sugar together until stiff peaks form – about 2-3 minutes with an electric hand mixer. (Pull the whisk out of the whipped cream and turn it upside down. If the cream stays put and forms a “stiff peak,” it’s ready. If the cream falls over, you have “soft peaks.” You are almost done.) Don’t over whisk, or you will end up with butter.
What ice cream flavors would you choose for your cake?