A dragon egg hunt is a fun activity idea for a dragon birthday party. It would also be great for an Easter egg hunt. The color changing eggs make the dragon egg hunt extra special. This post contains affiliate links.
Color Changing Dragon Egg Hunt
Supplies for the hunt:
- Color changing Easter eggs (I found ours at Walmart for a few dollars)
- Small toy dragons (we used dragons from the Good Luck Minis Fantasy Pack from Safari Ltd)
- Buckets, baskets, bags, or containers to collect the eggs
Add a dragon to each plastic egg. We had a enough for each child to find three eggs. Hide the eggs outside. The eggs change color when the sunlight hits them.
Let kids take the eggs in and out of the shade or create a shadow over the eggs to see the colors change. The egg colors are pretty pale to start. Then, they get darker and brighter in the sunlight.
Open the eggs and see what dragon treasures are inside.
Lily had fun dressing up as a dragon for her 3rd birthday party. I sewed her dragon skirt. I found the dragon wings and mask on Amazon.
The dragon egg hunt was a big hit with the kids. The dragons make a great party favor, too.
More Dragon Activity Ideas for Kids
- Find the Unicorn Rainbow Sensory Bin – Can you find the unicorn hidden among the dragons and rainbows?
- You’ll love this list of dragon books for kids.
Subscribe to the Inspiration Laboratories newsletter. Each issue has exclusive hands-on science explorations for children, a recap of our latest activities, and special resources selected just for you!