This post is sponsored by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. Are you ready for some #BigGameSnacks and party game ideas? I’m sharing my take on a buffalo chicken dip. It’s different than your typical buffalo chicken dip and pairs perfectly with Cheez-It Grooves. Use the Cheez-It boxes to make a fun DIY basketball game.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
My buffalo chicken dip recipe combines shredded chicken, greek yogurt cream cheese, sharp cheddar, and sriracha to make an amazing flavor combination that is sure to be a party favorite. Want the flavors to sing even more? Dip Cheez-It Grooves into the yummy buffalo chicken cheesy goodness. Your mouth will thank you.
- 8 oz. Greek yogurt cream cheese (It’s a blend of Greek yogurt and cream cheese found next to the regular cream cheese.)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 5-8 tablespoons milk (1/3-1/4 cup)
- 3-4 tablespoons sriracha (I like 4T.)
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 2-3 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- Cheez-It Grooves
- Melt 8 oz. Greek yogurt cream cheese into 1/3 cup of milk in a sauce pan on medium low heat. Stir occasionally to combine.
- Add 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese to the cream cheese 1/2 cup at a time stirring to combine. Allow it to melt into the cream cheese.
- Stir in sriracha and vinegar. Taste the cheese dip and see if you want more sriracha.
- Check the consistency of the dip. Add more milk to loosen it up if needed.
- Add in 2 cups shredded cooked chicken. Stir to combine. Add more chicken if you would like.
I like the extra tang the greek yogurt gives the cream cheese. Sriracha has a lower amount of vinegar than other hot sauces. If you use a different type of hot sauce, you’ll want to play with the amounts of hot sauce, vinegar, and milk you add.
We’ve tried both the Original Cheddar and Zesty Cheddar Ranch flavors of Cheez-It Grooves with the buffalo chicken dip. We liked the Original Cheddar a bit better, but the Zesty Cheddar Ranch tasted great with the dip, too. Cheez-It Grooves also comes in Sharp White Cheddar. You can find Cheez-It Grooves at Walmart in the cracker aisle next to the rest of the Cheez-It offerings.
Most Valuable Cheese Contest! Cheez-It wants your vote. Between now and April 2015, vote on your favorite flavors and varieties from six popular Cheez-It flavors and play games for a chance to win $10,000. Check out the Most Valuable Cheese Contest here.
DIY Basketball Game
How about a fun table game to go along with the snacks? Use the Cheez-It Grooves boxes to create this basketball game.
- Cheez-It Grooves boxes (or similar)
- utility knife or box cutter
- Cheez-It Crunch’d for basketballs
I found Cheez-It Crunch’d in a special display at my Walmart.
We used 2 Cheez-It Grooves boxes to make our game. One box was the basketball court and backboard. Part of the second box was made into the hoop and trampoline.
Make 3 cuts on the front of the box (2 on the side and one at the top) so it opens at the bottom.
Cut off the extra pieces at the top of the box.
Paint your box. I chose gold paint. It took a few coats of paint to cover the words on the side of the box. Draw a basketball court (or part of one) onto your box.
Cut out a hoop from the second box (or scrap piece of cardboard). Aiden wanted the hoop to be red. After the paint dries, attach the hoop to the backboard with tape.
Cut a trampoline from the second box. I used a piece of cardboard cut from the side of the box. Fold the cardboard in half. It will serve as your trampoline or launcher.
Place a Cheez-It Crunch’d on the trampoline. Push down the cardboard and release. The basketball will shoot through the air.
Experiment with where to place the trampoline and how far to push it down. Can you make a free throw?
What do you think of our recipe and game?
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. See disclosure policy for more info.