This post brought to you by Astrobrights Papers by Neenah Paper. All opinions are 100% mine.
AstroBrights paper comes in 23 different colors, so you can be sure to find just the right bright color for your project. Recently, we made monsters using AstroBrights paper. Here’s how you can make your own 3D paper monsters.
3D Paper Monsters
- paper colors of your choice
- wiggly eyes
- pom poms (optional)
- pipecleaners (optional)
How to make the monsters:
- Create an origami drinking cup out of one piece of paper. I used these instructions from Origami Fun.
- I folded the back flap inside the cup to have a smooth front for my monster.
- Decorate your cup to look like a monster.
- Attach wiggly eyes, paper pieces, and pom poms using glue.
- To attach the pipecleaners, poke holes where you would like them to go. I fed one pipecleaner through two holes for the arms (in one side and out the other). I did the same for the legs.
Things to consider:
The older your child, the more steps he or she can complete on his or her own. Always supervise, especially when using scissors. (Poking holes in the paper is most likely a grown-up job.)
Allow children to color the paper with crayons or markers before creating the box. This will add variety to the monsters. They could create patterns on the paper or even just scribbles.
Make smaller monsters with smaller squares of paper.
“Make Something Astrobright” Design Challenge
You are invited to participate in the “Make Something Astrobright” design challenge. Share your paper projects in picture or video for a chance to win AstroBrights paper or other prizes. Use the hashtag #goastrobrights. For more information on how to enter, check out Astrobrights on Facebook.
AstroBrights paper is well named for the brilliantly bright color choices. Your paper project is sure to be noticed when you choose such eye catching colors. What will you make next?
“Give a Brighter Year” Sweepstakes
AstroBrights is sponsoring the “Give a Brighter Year” sweepstakes. Your favorite school can win $30,000 in AstroBrights paper and other school supples, and you can win $500 cash. Visit the “Give a Brighter Year” sweepstakes on the AstroBright facebook page for official rules and details.
What are your favorite things to make with paper?